Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Hardest Job in the World

Thankfully it has started to cool down here now but we reached 41 degrees or 105 Fahrenheit today. Luckily we spent most of the day indoors between Miss E trying to finish all her book work off and I worked this afternoon which was air conditioned. It was a real welcome to summer kind of day, even now at 10 pm it is still around 21 degrees but the house is quite warm from today. I pulled out our portable fan to help us sleep tonight but the weather forecasters said that it wont cool down until about midday.

Tonight our church hosted a Christmas Carols concert for the local community. The weather was perfect for a lovely evening down near the beach listening to Christmas songs. All the performers were lovely and I know I should have taken a photo but I forgot, Sorry! My parents and Miss E's friend joined us and we enjoyed seeing Santa arrive in the firetruck. The only negative thing about the evening is when the girls decided to wander off and I could not find them. This happened at the other Carols concert that we attended.

Now I don't want to be too negative but I am finding that this friend of Miss E can be a bad influence on her. So tonight I said to the two of them in the car on the way home that I was really disappointed in their behaviour and that this friend will not be allowed to come with us next time. I am finding that as she hangs around with this friend that Miss E's behaviour really changes to the point where she can be rude towards me and other people. I find it hard to make these sorts of decisions because I don't want to shelter Miss E too much but I don't want her to be involved in the wrong crowds either. Well God never said it would be easy and parenting is the hardest job in the world, I'm just thankful to God for the blessing of being a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment