Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Father's Day


Yesterday was Father's Day in Australia, this day is hard each year because it reminds my daughter that she has never met her father. This year was especially hard because the one person who is a father figure in her life is on holidays on the other side of the world.
 Now my daughter knows that her father is in Heaven because God is a Father to the Fatherless, but I wanted to have fun adventure we could go on.
 So we jumped into the car at 12:30pm and I asked her where she would like to go for lunch, so off to McDonald's we headed. I had no plan so I just asked her where she would like to go next and off we would go. Next we headed to the animal shelter to look at all the animals, then she asked if we could go shopping at Kmart. After Kmart she wanted to look at the Reject Shop and Target so off we went, had a look around and brought a few items. 
It was getting close to dinner so I suggested to have fish and chips down at the beach, but we decided to get a BBQ chicken and chips. We dropped everything at home and headed to the beach. It was lovely at home but when we arrived at the beach, there was a cold wind blowing.
We still sat down and enjoyed our dinner, thankful that I remembered our jumpers, we enjoyed watching the sunset, watching the sun as it hit the windows behind us, turning them into a bronze glow.
On the way home, we decided that ice-cream would be needed so I stopped at Aldi and picked up our favourite, cookies and cream, also they had a Dutch pancake maker so I splurged and brought one. We came home and I made pancakes with strawberries and ice cream, they topped what was a great day and my daughter said "Happy Father's Day, Mum" 


My daughter and her best friend, Milly 

Taken by Miss because I said that the colours are beautiful 

We had friends who wanted some of our dinner
As you can see there were waves on the Bay!

No comments:

Post a Comment