Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

5:2 Diet

      

Last Sunday at church, I was talking to a lady that I had not seen in a while and she mentioned that her husband had lost 12 kg in 6 weeks on the 5:2 diet. Once we arrived home the first thing I did was look up on Google about this diet.

Now to be honest I have tried many of the diets that have been around, such as weight watchers but I have never been able to stick with them consistently. Basically there is nothing wrong with the diets but I have really struggled with being consistent when we go anywhere else to eat.

There is a documentary that a man named Micheal Mosley did that explains the theory behind the diet which is called Eat, Fast and Live Longer which can be watched here:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvdbtt_eat-fast-live-longer-hd_shortfilms

The idea is that you eat what you would normally eat for 5 days and then for the other 2 days you would eat roughly 500 calories for women or 600 calories for men. The 2 days are fast days which helps to reduce your calorie intake for the week which should mean that you will lose weight.

As with any diet that you may try it is best if you talked to your doctor first and be cautious if you have any health problems.

On Monday I started with just a normal day where I ate and I didn't count any calories but on Tuesday I had a fast day where I counted calories to make sure I didn't go over 500 calories. It was not an easy day, I had a hungry feeling all day but I just kept focusing on the next day which was a normal day. I had the next fast day on Friday because I could stay at home which I have found make it easier to stick to the correct foods.

I have made a goal of trying this diet for 6 weeks to see whether I can lose weight, if I do, it would have to be one of the easiest diets that I have been on. I plan to weigh myself each Monday and see if I have lost weight. My next weight in will be on 3rd Feburary.

I really liked this diet because it didn't involve spending any money and they do haves book which would explain more but I decided I wanted to save money and just downloaded an app on my IPhone which counts the calories for me. I just figured that I would be strict on the 2 fast days and keep to the 500 calorie limit.

Has anyone tried this diet or any others and have had success with it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment