Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2018

1950's HOMEMAKING EXPERIMENT!

Waking up today, I just feel so utterly defeated with my home. Its an absolute mess, things everywhere and piles of items that need to be sorted through and put away or even better thrown out. The floor needs vacuuming and don't even look at the shower! Its just chaos and I'm done and I mean I'm really done living this way.

When did it all get so BAD!

Its not like I went to bed with a beautiful clean, tidy and organized home and then BAM get out of bed to find myself tripping over all the stuff piling up.

To be honest it's not really as bad as it seems but it just feels like every cupboard has been emptied on every surface possible.

So my solution to my homemaking problems is to turn back the clock to an era when women had immaculate homes, even though that's not what I'm aiming for, but how did they manage to have a tidy and organized homes while looking after their children and husbands, while looking fabulous too, without all our modern conveniences.

Even though its now afternoon I'm going to begin today, I was thinking of starting fresh tomorrow morning but there is no time like the present and I might even be able to go to bed feeling better than at the moment so I'm just jumping in and learning as I go.

Firstly I'm going to do some research on cleaning schedules so that I can make some goals to aim for.

This is the schedule I am going to follow-
http://www.jenbutneverjenn.com/2010/05/keeping-of-house-1950s-style.html

My chin hit the floor, oh how far I have fallen, but its only up from here, right?

I was going to just print out the list but decided I'm going to find a pretty notebook and write the list in there so it feels more authentic.

Okay now to begin today - First step is make my bed

Tomorrow will mark the beginning of day 1 of following the cleaning schedule listed above. I know I wont be able to complete it all in one day but I'm hoping that by the end of the year to be able to complete all the tasks.

So I'm committing the next 80 days to the 1950s homemaking experiment which will bring it to New Years Eve.

I'm excited for all the changes that are about to happen since they are so lone overdue but I'm excited to not be living in constant chaos and feeling defeated before I even get out of bed.

Alright early to bed for me tonight because I'm going to need to get started early to accomplish even a few tasks on the schedule.
Behind my beautifully made bed is the truth :-0


I will keep you up to date with how its all going.










No comments:

Post a Comment